Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mistyped Mistakes

I had two major blunders this week.....both of which made me feel i'm a big dumb ass.

I recently had to face an embarrassing situation when I was chatting with one of my female colleague using instant messengers. There are lots of short hand notations used by instant messaging which if mistyped can create bizarre meanings.

the word 'sec' is short form of second and the fact that character 'c' and 'x' are placed right next to each other on the keyboard makes the usage of word 'sec' highly risky.

By now..you must have figured out what situation was I in...when I mistyped 'c' with 'x' while I was typing ' can you please give me a sec?'

Recently, I found a note stuck to my door saying 'UPS representative was here yday and package was not delivered as the recipient was not available at home- For more details call xxxxxxx'. I decided to head out directly to their office and collect my package. When I got there, it was a long queue...after about 30 mins of wait.. my turn came and teller immediately looked at my receipt and told.. i have come to wrong place, the package is from UPS not from USPS !!
I wondered how on earth can there be two mail delivering companies with almost same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment